Wildlife Friends Foundation Thailand
Hua Hin, Thailand
The Wildlife Friends Foundation Thailand operates the Elephant Refuge and Education Centre and allows travelers to spend one day at the center learning about the work and visiting all 450+ animals living at the center — elephants, but also a broad range of other animals. A high-end Elephant lodge is also available.
The center emphasizes that the elephant interactions occur in a manner that is free of cruelty and exploitation. Unlike other elephant experiences in Thailand, this one is just one part of a day spent learning about monkeys, bears, and more, as well as the important work needed to assist a number of vulnerable and exploited wildlife in the region.
The Foundation operates on a large scale and is well established. In addition to the day tours, a weeklong volunteer program is also available. The foundation:
- Rescues maltreated and neglected wild animals
- Provides sanctuary for sick and disabled animals
- Rehabilitates and releases animals when possible
- Cares for animals that are unable to be returned to the wild
- Campaigns against the illegal wildlife trade in wild animals
- Prevents hunting and promotes conservation of natural resources
7 days a week by appointment only.
108 Moo 6, Tambon Tha Mai Ruak, Amphoe Tha Yang, Chang Wat Phetchaburi 76130, Thailand