Baan Unrak several business in the town of Kanchanaburi, Thailand, all supporting local initiatives, including a children’s home outside of town. Volunteer opportunities within every aspect of the organization’s reach: running an organic vegetarian farm, business development, childcare, as well as project management and support.
Areas of volunteering with the organization:
- Teaching English to housemothers, home schooled kids and other staff
• Teaching basic Computer P.C. skills to staff
• Organize weekend games/activities with the children
• Relief work with the teenagers
• Supervising teenagers’ morning chores
• Driving the school bus and assisting with weekend field trips
• Supervising children and managing our library
• Corresponding with potential/new volunteers
• Conducting tours for guests/ visitors
• Updating children’s profiles
• Updating sponsors on children’s progress
• Producing newsletters
• Website maintenance
• Marketing Baan Unrak Weaving Center products (e.g. producing catalogues)
• Updating staff and children’s board as and when required
• Office/administrative tasks as required
• Assisting other staff as required
• Painting and decorating
All volunteers working with children are should plan to stay for one month minimum.
Varies on the project, but $15 per day with a discount after two weeks.
For more information about volunteering with Baan Unrak Children's Village, visit them online:Support the business associated with this volunteer opportunity.