Chennai Volunteers is a social initiative that aims to foster civic engagement and ensure that non-profits can engage with volunteers in a sustainable and meaningful way.
Chennai Volunteers partners with various NGOs in the city of Chennai and assists them as needed. They participate in a wide variety of projects. Some examples are:
- Mobilizing 1,000 of volunteers for the Chennai flood relief efforts
- Running weekend yoga classes in impoverished neighborhoods
- Conducting rec classes at local retirement homes
- Reading sessions with visually-impaired students
- Spoken English classes for women
They have various options, a very flexible schedule and they are always looking for more volunteers. The majority of the volunteers are Indians, so spending time with CV is also a great way to engage in the local community and better understand the culture.
Chennai Volunteers is very flexible and is able to partner you up with local NGOs around your schedule – they have many people who come for one day every week or even a few days/month. Long-term volunteers are welcome as well.
No fee, volunteers cover their expenses in Chennai.
For more information about volunteering with Chennai Volunteers, visit them online: